Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cooking Adventures

So it was time for grocery shopping, that daunting task that must be done. I usually rush around the store only paying slight attention to what I'm throwing into my cart. Today's trip was no different, get in - get out. I did spend a little extra time picking out the perfect ingredients for spagetti and garlic bread - that's big for me. I had a craving.

I get home, very excited to make a yummy homemade meal for the husband and I. I start the water boiling and turn to make some meatballs. About half way through the meatballs I smell something burning. I couldn't quite figure it out, after even I can't burn water. I turn around and there is a small fire burning under my favorite pot! I freak out and in the process of turning to take care of the fire I cut my finger. So I've got blood gushing from my finger and I'm trying to put out the fire. I saved the pot and the fire went out quickly. Turns out the cut wasn't so bad it just bled a lot.

Thank goodness for small miracles. I could have burnt my house down! Ok it wasn't even that close but it was still terrifying.

Dinner turned out great by the way. Lots of left overs so I'm hoping Kevin doesn't eat it after I go to bed so I can have it for lunch. Mmm...

No comments: